The 1860 and 1860S healthcare respirators are designed to help provide respiratory protection for the wearer against certain airborne particles. They meet CDC guidelines for Mycobacterium tuberculosis exposure control. As disposable particulate respirators, they are intended to reduce wearer exposure to certain airborne particles including those generated by electrocautery, laser surgery, and other powered medical instruments. As surgical masks, they are designed to be fluid resistant to splash and spatter of bloodand other infectious materials.The 1860 and 1860S particulate respirators are personal protective equipment (PPE) that are primarily intended to protect the health care workers by reducing exposure to harmful airborne particles which are small enough to be inhaled – typically particles less than 100 microns in size.These include airborne particles that may contain biological material e.g. Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis,mould and the virus that causes Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), and Influenza.
- NIOSH approved N95 rating
- FDA cleared for use as a surgical mask
- Fluid Resistance (1860 at 120mm Hg & 1860S at 80 mmHg)
- Flammability Rating Class I
- Adjustable nose clip• Braided and stapled headbands
- Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask Materials The following materials are used in the production of 1860,1860S respirators
Intended to be worn by operating room personnel during surgical procedures to help protect both the surgical patient and the operating room personnel from transfer of microorganisms, body fluids, and particulate material.
- Always follow User Instructions and use in manners as indicated
- Do Not Use for
- DO NOT use in industrial settings
- DO NOT use for gases or vapours (i.e. anesthetic gasessuch as isoflurane or vapours from sterilants such asglutaraldehyde.)
- DO NOT use in any manner not indicated in the UserInstructionsApprovals and Standards• NIOSH approved N95 respirator
- Meets NIOSH 42 CFR 84 N95 requirements for aminimum 95% filtration efficiency against solid and liquidaerosols that do not contain oil.
- NIOSH approval number: TC-84A-0006
- FDA cleared for use as a surgical mask
- Health Canada Class I medical device
- Bacterial Filtration Efficiency F2101 >99% BFE
- OSHA Assigned Protection Factor (APF) 10
Australia TGA approved Packaging Product Code 3M Order Code20 Respirator/box,6 boxes/case1860(Regular size)AT01060721920 Respirator/box,6 boxes/case 1860S(Small size)XA010000546 Straps Braided Polyisoprene Staples Steel Nose Clip Aluminium Nose Foam Polyurethane Foam Filter Polypropylene Shell Polyester Coverweb Polypropylene This respirator does not contain components made from natural rubber latex.Maximum mass of products = 11.3g3M Personal Safety Division | 3M™ Disposable Respirator 1860, 1860S 3M is a trademark of 3M.© 3M 2020. All rights reserved. AV011466081 Warning Respirators must not be used until your employer has determined whether usage will be in accordance with manufacturers instructions. The wearer must be trained in the proper fitting and use of this product. Failure to follow all instructions and warnings on the use of this product and/or failure to wear this respirator during all times of exposure can reduce respirator effectiveness and result in illness or death. All respirators should be used in accordance with Australian standard AS/NZS 1715. It is recommended that fit testing be conducted before assigning a respirator to an individual. If you cannot achieve a proper fit, do not enter contaminated areas. Do not use with beards or other facial hair or conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the sealing surface of the respirator.Important Notice To the extent permitted by law, 3M shall not be liable for any loss or damage including any loss of business, loss of profits, or for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damag earising from reliance upon any information herein provided by 3M. Nothing in this statement will be deemed to exclude or restrict 3M’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence.